The Katzenhotel Ermitage in Küsnacht is an active supporter
of Fundación Benasis in Costa Rica.
Fundación Benasís is dedicated to helping three existing projects in Costa Rica, which specialise in the conservation, preservation and rehabilitation of the tropical ecosystem as well as the care of endangered native species. Other projects are to follow.
Fundación Benasis directs all donations it receives directly and without deductions to the following projects:
- Bosque Eternos de los Niños Costa Rica
- Proyecto Asis Costa Rica
- Animal Rescue Center Costa Rica
Our donations are distributed according to the needs of each project. These might be: equipment for rangers, food for hunting dogs confiscated from poachers, cages for monkeys that have lost their habitat due to the destruction of rainforests and will be released back into the wild in a different location.
The projects named above conduct regular training and information events. “Bosque Eternos de los Niños” rangers, the Director of “Proyecto Asís”, volunteers from Canada and Switzerland and local people from San Pedro de la Tigra all lead and participate in these events. Here, they learn about the importance of protecting the environment and climate in Costa Rica.
The Katzenhotel Ermitage in Küsnacht is happy to make arrangements for you to work as a volunteer in one of the projects in Costa Rica.
The “Bosque Eternos de los Niños” Rangers work tirelessly to free many wild animals that are kept as pets in poor conditions and return them to their natural habitat. Some of these animals are in such a pitiful state that they need to be be nursed back to health at “Proyecto ASIS”. Unfortunately, not all animals survive and some cannot be released back into the wild. Often, they can no longer cope with the challenges of the jungle and have to spend the rest of their lives in our care, where they are expertly looked after in appropriate conditions.
How can you help?
- Copy the leafcutter ants and use word of mouth: Tell someone about this vital work.
- Donate directly to Fundación Benasis.
- Go yourself, or let your teenagers go, to work as a volunteer in Costa Rica.
A new project
We are considering a project that wants to build an “open air greenhouse” to grow seedlings and saplings that are to be reintroduced into their natural environment for future generations.
How can you help?
- You, or your teenagers, might want to work as a volunteer in Costa Rica?Fundación Benasís is dedicated to helping three existing projectsin Costa Rica, which specialise in the conservation, preservation and rehabilitation of the tropical ecosystem as well as the care of endangered native species.Other projects are to follow.